This is the only Before shot I have; I tackled this project in one afternoon and had to fit it in around Baby Boy's nap time, so I forgot to take pics before I got started!
My inspiration for this piece began when I was researching hand-painted furniture designs. I happened to come across a cool wardrobe with a similar, owl-themed design on the front and had been wanting to use it on a project of my own. And it was PERFECT for Baby Boy's room! Take a look:
The paint color is a mixture of Downy and Cyberspace, both by Sherwin Williams, and the image was done first in pencil and then filled in with acrylic paints. A sheer coat of polycrylic was added to the drawers and dresser top to seal and protect. I think it's a great addition to the room and will be used for a few more years and then hopefully stored and used by future generations!
Happy Friday Everyone!



I love the owls, they are perfect. I am sure Max will treasure his own personal piece of furniture.
ReplyDelete